Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Want a fake Ed Hardy hat? Shop on ebay!

Since doing my first posting on "how to spot a fake Ed Hardy Cap" back in February, I've received in excess of 500 requests to identify fake caps. The comment section in the original post itself has over 80 postings. I've collected some of my major postings on fake Ed Hardy caps with the links below.

Don Ed Hardy Designs - fake or real caps?
Ed Hardy quality, it's about where you buy it from!
Fake Ed Hardy Cap Submissions
How to spot a fake Ed Hardy cap

Before you click on the links, here's a few things you need to know before you email me about fakes:

  1. I will only try to identify Ed Hardy or Christian Audigier hats. I won't bother trying to identify DEHD hats.
  2. Don't bother asking about tops, bottoms or anything else that isn't a hat.
  3. 90% of the possible fakes I see are typically from ebay. The auction site is filled with fake products. Some very hard to tell but most are outrageously fake.
  4. When I identify something as fake or not fake, please remember this is just my opinion and should not be taken as an absolute definitive answer. There's only so much I can work with when I get a tiny picture to base my response on.
  5. Ask nicely.